We have decided to launch our service in style, so come to our evening-long clothes swapping launch party extravaganza on Saturday the 3rd of November.
Here’s a quick run-down of the day:
• The main event will run from 4pm until 9pm
• Bring your clothes to swap from 11am
• The event will be child friendly until 7pm, with activities and a play area
• We will also be hosting a mending circle from 4pm until 7pm
Entry to the launch party is £2.00 – £6.00 (suggested donation). Feel free to pay as much as you can afford. Children under 12 come free. All funds raised will go towards supporting future Frome Wardrobe Collective events.
Do please remember to bring money for:
• Hot Tibetan food from the Good Heart, 6-8pm
• Drinks from the Cheese and Grain throughout the evening
• Cakes and yummy refreshments provided by us throughout the evening
• Custom Frome Wardrobe Collective tote bags
• Donations for our mending circle
There will be live ambient music from a range of fabulous performers throughout the event, interspersed with music from our epic clothes themed playlist.
The mending circle will be run by a team of amazing volunteer menders, seamstresses and tailors – so if you have any items of clothing you need fixed or altered please bring them along. Some of our menders will also be hosting patching, re-branding and customising drop-in sessions for a small donation!
Now a little bit about how the clothes swap will work…
Clothes Swapping Guide
• Please bring up to 5 adult or 10 children’s items (clothes, bags or shoes) to be exchanged for swap credits*
• All items to be swapped should be in a good condition, ready for someone else to take home and wear straight away (that means washed and preferably ironed, if needs be)
• Your swap tokens can then be exchanged for other items from our rails
• You then have the option to hold onto your tokens to use at one of our future events, or donate them into our paid forward scheme that distributes swap tokens to anyone who needs clothes but has nothing to swap
* We want to encourage the exchange of good quality clothes at our events therefore we will be accepting a maximum of 5 adult items (men’s or women’s) and children’s items per person. Please hold onto any other items for one of our future events.
This service is about changing the way people in Frome navigate the world of fashion and self expression, by coming together as the Frome Wardrobe Collective to change the way we shop and how we think about the things we wear.
We really hope to see you all there!
All the best,
Benedict, Iona, Laura, Leah, Louis, Ruby and Amy