Places where you can promote your event and how we can help….
- We like to get events up on the website as soon as possible and for that we need an image and or poster and a bit of extra information with links as appropriate.
- When you are designing your poster bear in mind that we have (by the road) the gate billboard which has space for A3 (portrait orientation) posters. These are best in shiny paper or laminated and you can put them up within a month of your event if there is space. If you wish to have a larger banner made to hang on the fence by the road that is fine too but speak to me first to make sure there is room and that it won’t clash with another event.
- If you can include our logo to include in your designs it helps people to recognise the location. Feel free to colour/clip or whatever it so long as it is recognisable. If you want to chop off the tag line that is fine. Let me know what form you would prefer me to send it in or use the jpg at the bottom.
- I also like to advertise upcoming events in our e-mails. I can just re-jig your posters but if you can do me a mini – version (e.g. square) it would help me too. I always put things either on our Facebook cover and/or our profile picture so do bear those dimensions in mind for your designs too. (I will usually invite as many people as the dear BookFace allows me to and before I get cramp in my hand!)
- Twitter: Silk Mill Studios
- Instagram: silkmillinfrome
- Website mailing list is building and I do roughly monthly mail chimp mail-outs to those on the list. If you are collecting emails for your subscribers list it would be a great help if you can ask people (or give them an opt in) if we can have them too.
- Paper publicity is your responsibility but do put some in the studios entrance and on the notice board there if there is room.
- Places that you can advertise your event:
- Frome Nub News Susie Watkins runs this and she is a big supporter of the Silk Mill in this super-local outlet.
- Evolver – will list events for free depending on space and quite reasonable charges for paid content
- Frome Standard – see below
- Frome Times – both this and the Frome Standard are paper and online and will usually publish articles that you send them in good time. FS is weekly and FT is fortnightly
- County Gazette – Somerset-wide publication with a Mendip edition. You just enter your own event and it is free.
- Discover Frome – This is the town council’s site is free and quite easy to upload events to.
- The List – monthly publications, has been around for a while and will list events for free but charges for more.
- Some Such Magazine – good but occasional and expensive glossy mag, I don’t know how much it charges
- Frome FM they will tell you which programme to contact depending on the type of event
Our Facebook page is taking a while to build back up to the 2500+ that we had on our old person one so please invite your followers to like our page and do a recommendation or review? Thanks
Then we can support you when you:
- Create an event which you can share with other Facebook pages such as:
- What’s on, Frome,
- Frome Alternative living,
- Alternative Bruton,
- Where’s it at in/near Frome
- What’s on in and around Bath
- What’s on Somerset
- Rode Village, Maiden Bradley Village News (our home village) and probably lots of others!
Further afield there are the local papers for Wiltshire, the general contact for the news quest media group is
Editor, Pete Gavan 01793 528144 firstname.lastname@example.org
Content editor: Elise Britten 07768 724157 email@example.com
individual links below:
Any other suggestions welcome!
Jpgs for you to use and abuse as appropriate: